Though brightwheel was built for schools and daycares, a lot of families are using it at home with nannies, caregivers, and other family members to track child activities, share photos, and send updates.
- Easy to use and manage. Have your personal family network all in one place.
- More photos! Brightwheel users take many more photos than pre-brightwheel.
- Secure and organized. Everything is backed up and easy to find. (Photo albums coming soon!)
- Free up space. No more photos lost in your phone storage or text messages!
There are two types of brightwheel accounts:
- School/Staff: Can log activities, share photos, send notes, create calendar events, send paperless invoices and receive payments.
- Parents/Guardians: Receive real-time updates (with mobile notifications), view calendar events, send preset messages, and send payments (to a school account) using bank account or credit card.
How to setup brightwheel for your home:
- Sign up the caregiver as a”school”: Download the app for iOS or Android and and create a new “School” account.
- Add your child: Use the Setup Wizard to create a new room and add kids.
- Add parents + family: Within each student profile, add parents, grandparents, or other desired guardians that you want to receive updates. They will receive email invites with signup instructions.
Please keep in mind:
- We’ll be adding more functionality over time – for both teachers and parents.
- If you wish to manage the process, you can do the setup described above using your email account initially for the school – and then change the main school account over to your caregiver’s email address when ready. You can update the email address in your profile.
We’d love to know what you think. Email us at [email protected]
Don’t forget: If your school is already using brightwheel, it’s easy to add parents and guardians within your child’s existing profile.